18 October 2009

Here are the routes that Van and I followed on our amazing 4 day cycling adventure.
More to come later, I'm too tired to blog at the moment.


Some stats:

Total distance: around 200 miles
Bike weight: 30.5 lbs
Gear weight: 53.5 lbs
My weight: 163 lbs
Patches applied: 3
Tubes changed: 2
Mechanical failures: front brake cable broken, small front chainring broken
Fish caught by Scott: 0
Fish caught by Van: 2 Oops, 3
Most beautiful vista: Ogden Valley (Huntsville and surrounding area)
Least beautiful vista: Ogden

A few observations:

Bell products, though technically inferior to most other brands, saved my life.

Elk Run is a stupid name for commercial/retail space in Eden, but I'm glad we were able to camp out behind it without incident.

People in Park City are generally not friendly.

People in Morgan and Huntsville are very friendly.

Ace Hardware rocks.

Box Elder bugs are everywhere and I hate them.

Listening to Muse's Hullabaloo disc 2 and downing 20 oz of Pepsi creates some kind of magical cycling rocket fuel.

Day 1

2 comments:

  1. that looks fun, i wish I could ride long distances...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I can't believe you guys rode for 4 consecutive days... that's like a cycling marathon! ok, so eric and I totally want to go skydiving now. can one still go in the winter?

    ReplyDelete